Main Partners of the event: AIC – the Italy society of cinematographers, and the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia, Italy’s national film school.
Starting from this edition, a special partnership has been agreed with the Nastri d’Argento Awards – Italy’s main film awards – taking place in Taormina on June 28th 2014.
Terre di Cinema is a celebration of the art and craft of cinematography, since its establishment in 2011, it has quickly become Italy’s main event specifically dedicated to highlighting the work of cinematographers in the motion picture and tv industries.
Terre di Cinema is:
• an International film festival, with a special focus on the new, emerging talents of European cinematography.
• a residential, full-immersion, intensive CineCampus attended by around 40 students from prestigious European and International film schools.
• A showcase of technological innovation in the domain of digital cinematography, with the participation of the leading brands of the international industry.
The 2014 Edition will screen 24 feature films and a selection of short films in collaboration with the Brest European Short Films Festival.
The feature films screenings are articulated into 4 sections:
• New Cinematographers Award: 5 young, Europeans cinematographers, who have recently distinguished themselves with their works in major international film festival, will present 10 films of theirs. They will also hold masterslasses, Q&As with the festival audience and participate to the workshops and activities of the CineCampus.
• Masters of Light: A tribute to great cinematographers who have left their mark in the history of European cinema.
• Italian Cinematographers: 5 films from the 2013-14 the season that have nominated for the Best Cinematography Award of the Nastri d’Argento 2014.
• Focus On: a thematic section dedicated to the cinema of the Balkans
The 2014 CineCampus will be joined by 36 students (12 directors, 12 cinematographers, 12 editors) from the following film schools:
Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia (Italy),NARAFI – LUCA School of Arts (Belgium), Film & TV Department – Tel Aviv University (Israel), Estudio de cine (Spain), London Film School (United Kingdom), St Petersburgh State University of Film and TV (Russia) and the HFF Hochschule für Film und Fernsehen “Konrad Wolf” (Germany).
The activities of the CineCampus include an intensive schedule of technical workshops, tests, lectures, and the realisation of a series of short films in the same locations of the great film that have been shot in the Taormina area, such as Francis Ford Coppola’s The Godfather and Michelangelo Antonioni’s L’Avventura.
Terre di Cinema is proud of the support of a pool of technical partners including the very best of the European and international industry. Top brands such as ARRI Italia, Avid, Cartoni, Zeiss have joined Terre di Cinema since the very beginning. Others, such as Sony, K5600 and Panalight will join the 2014 edition.
Their participation permits the highest technical quality of the CineCampus activities and a great chance to present the state of the art of technological innovation of the industry to the audience of the festival, a potentially very vast audience, being Terre di Cinema the only event of this type taking place in southern Italy.
To find out more, go to the Official Terre di Cinema Website