London, England (October 11, 2012) – Our friends at BudgetFilmmaker are delighted to announce, after almost over five years of absence, the Halloween Horror Challenge is back again! Confirmed, Jay Slayer from The Dark Side as the Judge and the evening will be compèred by actress Miranda Magee.
The Halloween Horror Challenge invites you to make a film using the theme of “The Last Journey Home”
The top films will be screened at The Roxy Bar and Screen in London. This event will start at 8pm on 24th November 2012.
The full address is:
Roxy Bar and Screen
128 Borough High St
London, SE1 1LB
Their web address is www.roxybarandscreen.com
Organised by Aaron Demski, the aim of the event is encourage low-budget filmmakers to produce a Halloween short horror movie based on “The Last Journey Home” Theme With a host of other special guests and a enjoyable evening for all film maker enthusiasts who want to network and gain more exposure.
The challenge incorporates the theme “The Last Journey Home.” How you chose to use the theme is up to you. Although, you must identify how your entry satisfies this criteria on the entry form once the film is completed.
Serif Movie Plus X6: The amazing and easy-to-use Serif MoviePlus X6 makes creating, editing, and sharing videos simple so you don’t need to be an expert to create a great movie. Easily import video files from any device or anywhere on your home network. Powerful, yet easy-to-use, editing tools and effects help you to create the movie you want. New features, like QuickMovie, allow you to work faster and smarter than before so you can create great movies in no time. And once you’ve made your movie, it’s simple to share it with friends and family on a disc or online.
Plus The Halloween Horror Film Challenge 2012 Trophy.
More Prizes TBA (Listed below in comments).
- This competition is open to filmmakers from around the world.
- You will need to register your team by sending in your registration form via email. This can be downloaded from the registration page identified above. We will send you a confirmation email within 48 hours.
- The application form should be should be sent to email@example.com
- All Films can be must be received by 7th November 2012 at the latest. After registering your entry, the confirmation e-mail will include details of the address to which you will need to send the film.
- We recommend that all films are upload to www.vimeo.com or sent recorded delivery.
- No allowances can be made for entries that are not received by the cut-off date.
- All films must have a Horror/Halloween theme based around “The Last Journey Home.”
- You can make any film you like, however it must be based around the horror genre or its variants. It could incorporate any of the following: comedy horror, horror drama, psychological horror, science-fiction horror, fantasy horror, documentary/ documentary style horror, black comedy horror, thriller horror, etc.
- All films must include full credits.
- The film should be no longer than 10 minutes long. (Please note that this time allocation includes all credits.)
- All films must use the English language. (Foreign language films that incorporate full English subtitles are permitted.)
- The film must not contain any overtly pornographic, racist, homophobic or sexist material.
- All films must be submitted on the following formats: Uploaded to www.vimeo.com allowing us to download the MP4 on Vimeo as HD 1080P. (if possible) Blu-ray/DVD/MP4 on data DVD disc or PAL Mini DV Tape or as an AVI File (Microsoft DV encoded) on DVD or CD.
- Films can be submitted in PAL or NTSC format. However, all NTSC films can only be accepted if submitted as an AVI (Encoded as Microsoft DV AVI file) or a MP4 video file on DVD or CD.
- Films can be produced in standard 4:3 or wide screen 16:9. (16:9 would be advised)
- You are responsible for the content of your film. Therefore, you must ensure that the sound/music/motion picture is cleared for public viewing.
- The films will be viewed by our judges and the 10 best films will be played on the night.
- The Event will be filmed by RB Productions. By attending the event, it will be considered that you consent to be filmed.
- All films used will be hosted on www.budgetfilmmaker.com as part of the Halloween Challenge. By entering the competition, you acknowledge that the film will be available for electronic download on the aforementioned website.
- All filmmakers must be over 18 years of age in order to submit a film to the challenge.
- All films must be made between 10th October and 7th November 2012. This is to ensure that all entries were made for the purpose of the competition, and are not films that have existed for some time previous to the commencement of the competition.
- Please note that we are unable to return copies of any of the films sent in for the challenge